Belstra Group Farms is currently looking for motivated individuals to fill entry level positions within our swine farms. We currently have openings on farms located in St. Anne, IL, and Fair Oaks, IN. This is an opportunity for an individual to work for a company that offers competitive wages, benefits, retirement plan, earned time off, short-term disability coverage. Work 50-55 hours/week with some weekend and holiday work.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
Job description for Entry Level Positions
• Day to day:
o Maintaining the cleanliness of the farm by power washing designated areas
o Caring for and handling sows and piglets
o Monitor and assist sows during farrowing (birthing) process
o Learn to safely/properly move different sizes of pigs to different barns
o Assist with treatments, vaccinations, and care of pigs o Keeping accurate records
• Following the Belstra Group Animal Welfare Policy and proper PPE safety guidelines
• Showing leadership and cooperation with the rest of the farm staff
Physical Job Requirements
In order to perform the essential functions of a Swine Technician all applicants should be able to:
• Stand, walk and be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day.
• Frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel.
• Frequently use one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull. (Employee uses power washer with 3000 psi force and 5 gallons per minute flow.)
• Frequently lift objects weighing 3 to 20 pounds.
• Occasional bend while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move.
• Work in different environments (dust, heat, cold)
If you have any questions or would like to apply applications are available at our Belstra Milling headquarters in DeMotte, IN (424 15th St SE, DeMotte, IN 46310), or apply online http://www.belstramilling.com/bmaindex.php/career/ .
424 15th St SE, DeMotte, IN 46310 - (800)276-2789