Summary of Position:
The Design Specialist is responsible for producing all graphic design and job layout in compliance with the work order specifications and/or manipulates customer artwork / files to become compatible with center design and RIP software. In addition, this team member will be responsible for equipment operation to plot vinyl, print wide format images / graphics and laminate specified jobs. This person is responsible for performing daily and weekly file storage and system maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum productivity. They will troubleshoot minor programs with computer systems and workflows as necessary. In addition, the Design Specialist will assist in making the actual sign and graphics projects.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Minimum of 2 years education in graphic design or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in sign industry a plus.
• Knowledge of sign industry substrates, media, products a plus.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Professional, upbeat, positive attitude.
• Sharp attention to detail.
• Keen multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral team member.
• Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with diverse customer/prospect base.
• Expertise in the following software applications:
o CorelDRAW – current version
o Adobe Acrobat Professional – current version
o Microsoft Office – current version (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Expertise in wide-format printer and Onyx RIP operation
• Expertise in color management concepts and procedures
A. Customer Service – as necessary:
• Provides client education on proper submission of digital files.
• Work with clients in a consultative manner to understand their needs and provide guidance for best solution.
B. Operation and Maintenance of Equipment:
• Operate plotter, laminator, wide-format equipment to produce client jobs.
• Maintain and monitor server and backup routines for all files produced in the Graphics department.
• Operate desktop and/or copier scanners as needed.
• Operate and calibrate monitor, office printers / copiers, print equipment, etc. to ensure accurate color production and proofing.
• Clean and maintain all equipment.
• Maintain superior quality on all individual work.
• Work with team members to ensure superior quality on all jobs produced.
• Monitor computer, software, and equipment supply needs and report to management in timely manner to ensure consistency in production flow and avoid production shut downs.
F. End of Day Procedures:
• Dispose of waste materials in compliance with current environmental regulations.
• Perform routine maintenance / cleaning on equipment.
• Keep work zone tidy and clutter free.
• Participate in daily production meetings.
• Work with management to reschedule workloads as necessary to meet promised due dates.
• Maintain clean and organized Graphics area.
• Abide by center policies/procedures as outlined.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Location/Region: North Charleston, SC (29405)